Ecomaat is a leading producer of organic certified rose essential oils, rose floral water and skin care products based in Bulgaria. All of our products contain therapeutic grade certified organic essential oils, and have the USDA certified organic seal.
Our Product Freshness
No preservatives are ever added to any of our products. We package our products in small coloured glass bottles sealed with zero oxygen to ensure that the products remain as fresh as possible when our customers apply on the skin. Generally speaking, our products have a lifetime of 2 years before opening, and remain fresh for 4 – 6 months after opening. Our signature Rose Otto, because of its own special natural properties, has an unlimited lifetime.
Our Advantageous Location – Bulgaria
Bulgaria is world-renowned for its essential oils. Bulgaria is a unique place in the world—a small country in the South East of Europe with a multitude of microclimate zones, with particular soil types, temperature variations, and relief forms. As a consequence, the wild vegetation is much diversified, and the conditions are perfect for a wide variety of cultivated plants.
Nowadays, Bulgarian Rose Oil and Bulgarian Lavender essential oil are valued as the most expensive amongst their comparables.
“Bulgarian Rose Oil” is a Protected Geographical Indication. Only the essential oil that is extracted from the roses grown in the Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) areas registered in EU can be called Bulgarian Rose Oil.
Our Close Proximity from Farm to Distillery
Our farm and distillery are located in the same village. The close proximity enables us to have full control over timing throughout the production process. This is critical in producing high quality essential oils.
We Use State of the Art Technology
In addition to conventional steam distillation, we also use the Supercritical CO2 Extraction (or Supercritical Fluid Extraction) method to extract from plants many more beneficial components that our skin needs. Supercritical CO2 Extraction is the most modern extraction method available. It is superior to:
- Steam Distillation, because Supercritical CO2 Extraction uses high pressure and lower temperatures. Components that are sensitive to high temperature are unaltered and extracted. Also, plant waxes can be separated and discarded. Supercritical CO2 Extraction produces a superior quality “Extract” containing more active and beneficial components.
- Chemical Solvent Extraction, because Supercritical CO2 Extraction is non-toxic and non-flammable. Furthermore, no trace of the CO2 remains in the end product, as it either evaporates into the air or is recycled. Supercritical CO2 Extraction entirely follows the world's sustainable development practices producing a pure organic “Extract.”
Supercritical CO2 Extraction is particularly suitable for organically grown plants. In fact, when non-organically grown plants are used in Supercritical CO2 Extraction, the concentration of pesticides in the extract is much higher than in the oils issued from the steam distillation.
Our Organic Purity
Ecomaat Ltd. is the first and still the only Bulgarian producer of USDA certified organic skin care and cosmetic products. All our products have the USDA certified organic seal, which means the ingredients in the products are at least 95 percent certified organic meeting the USDA standards. We are not just using certified organic ingredients, but our entire chain of production from farming the plants to producing the final products meets the USDA organic standards. With successful research and development, most of our products already have reached the 100 percent USDA certified organic standards. As such, our customers can be assured of the organic purity when they apply our products on their delicate skin.
All products contain:
- No parabens
- No silicon compounds
- No mineral oils or petro-chemical derivatives
- No artificial colours or artificial flavours
- No synthetic preservatives
- No genetically-modified organisms (GMOs)
- No materials of animal origin
- No animal testing
- USDA organic certification
- USDA organic seal